1. There is a God, One God, The God; who is the Creator of all things, and the Sustainer of all things.
2. There is the Law of God, the Moral Law, summarized in the Ten Commandments, and inscribed upon the human conscience, whereby man knows what is right and what is wrong.
3. There is the rebellion of man against God, in that he rejects God’s Law and sets himself up as his own god, inventing his own ideologies, both amoral and immoral, according to his whims and fancies.
4. Man’s rebellion against God is his sin, resulting from pride; from which flows all his sins, both ancient and modern, which include the following:
• Atheism, idolatry, false religions and ideologies
• Fornication, adultery, divorce
• Contraception, abortion, “test-tube babies”
• Pornography, prostitution, paedophilia
• Homosexualism, transgenderism, genetic engineering
• Racism, nationalism, war and the arms trade
• Hatred, murder, rape
• Drug taking, occultism, suicide (euthanasia)
• Greed, usury, materialism
• Lying, cheating, and stealing.
5. God is Holy, God is True, and God is Just. Through the folly of his sin man is lost. His thinking is enfeebled, his will is enslaved to the Devil, and he is inclined to evil. Unless he humbles himself and submits to God, then he is doomed, for ever lost.
6. Yet God is all Merciful, all Compassionate. He is the Father of all, and He loves all his creation. In His love He has sent into the world His only Begotten Son in order to release man from sin, death, and the Devil.
7. Jesus Christ is the Son of God. He is God become man, born of the Blessed Virgin Mary. By His Sacrifice on the Cross He has made atonement for the sins of the world, and He has redeemed fallen man, lost in his sins.
8. There is no other way to God except through Jesus, who is the Christ, “the Anointed One”. He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. Having suffered death for our sins, and risen from the dead He is the Resurrection and the Life for all who come to Him. He is the Door into heaven. “Whoever believes in Him is not condemned. But whoever believes not is condemned already. Because they have not believed in the Name of the Only Begotten Son of God.” (John 3:18).
9. The Cross of Christ is the foolishness of God, and the humility of God, set against the false wisdom of the world and the devilish pride of man. It is the mystery hidden before all the ages. It is the wisdom of God and the power of God. It is the purification of the world.
10. Through the Cross comes reconciliation and union with God. Christ says “thy sins are forgiven thee, go and sin no more”. There is therefore no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, who walk not in the way of the flesh but in the Spirit. They have passed from death to life; for to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. (Romans 8:1,6).
Awake, then, O sleeper, and arise from the dead,
And Christ shall give thee light.